- Impact Networking & Professional Development
- Paid Internships & Career Opportunities
- Do Work That Matters!
- Travel & housing scholarships available. Limited slots so apply early!
The conference on March 22, 2018 will include environmental and natural resource management agencies, non-profit organizations, and private companies. By attending the conference, you will sharpen your professional development skills, jumpstart your career search, and have an opportunities to network directly with managers from these organizations.
Do work that matters! The career fair on March 23, 2018 is a unique opportunity for students and recent graduates seeking paid internship opportunities and hands-on experience. Work on green-related projects, policies, and in environmental organizations and connect directly with green employers.
1. What are the event details?
Who: Diverse students and recent graduates, green employers, and thought leaders
What: MobilizeGreen Annual Conference and Diversity Career Fair
When: March 22-23, 2018
Where: Washington, DC
2. What is the application process?
- Fill out application here.
- Complete a bio and upload a photo
3. What are requirements for acceptance?
Commitment and passion! You also must attend both full days of the event. Apply here.
4. How does the career fair work?
Representatives from organizations in the private, non-profit and public sectors across a multitude of industries will have the opportunity to connect with top graduate and undergraduate students. Students should be prepared to put their best foot forward to make a positive impression. The career fair tentatively begins at 11 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. on March 23, 2018. The fair will be preceded by a student workshop, starting at 8:30 am.
5 What types of employers and internships will be there?
Anticipated areas of focus include, among others:
- Urban planning and design
- Ecology, ecosystems, and biodiversity
- Environmental education and outreach
- Soil sciences and rangeland management
- Environmental policy and law
- Waste management and recycling
- Food and sustainable agriculture
- Environmental science and engineering
- Natural resource management
- Water quality and poverty
- Recreational planning
- Climate Change
- Environmental Justice
- Other social science areas
6. When will I know if my application is accepted?
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email on or around Feb. 28, 2018
7. If accepted, will I get to attend each event?
Successful applicants must attend both days of the event. An agenda with workshops will be provided in February.
8. What if I do not live in the area and don't have funds to attend?
Lack of funds should not be a barrier to participation for any accepted participant. We ask that you first apply to your school for funds, if available, to attend the event. If such funds are not available, you may apply for a transportation scholarship as part of your application.
9. Will housing for the conference be provided?
Lack of housing should not be a barrier to participation for any accepted participant. Each participant is eligible to apply for a housing scholarship as part of his or her application. We will have local housing hosts and other potential housing options available for eligible students.
10. What types of networking options are available?
There will be several opportunities to meet agency and organization representatives in green careers.