(Effective March 9, 2018)
March 22, 2018 - Conference
On March 22, 2018, the entire day of the conference event will take place at Constitution Hall on the East Campus Commons at American University (AU), located near Ward Circle in Northwest DC. Constitution Hall is a brand new state-of-the-art conference facility on AU’s campus.
Driving. The official address for the East Campus is 3319-3395 New Mexico Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016, but the entrance to Constitution Hall is on Nebraska Avenue. Here are driving directions.
Parking. Paid parking is steps away from the Constitution Hall location. Here is a link to the campus map pdf with parking.
Metro Subway. Constitution Hall is metro accessible on the Red Line, the Tenlytown-AU Metro Station. AU shuttles will pick up just outside of the Tenlytown-AU Metro Station (behind Whole Foods). To access the Shuttle:
- Board the Blue Route or Red Route shuttle (will be displayed on the bus)
- Disembark at the Kerwin Hall stop (first stop after passing through Ward Circle; almost everyone who rides the shuttle in the morning will get off here)
- Cross Nebraska Avenue to reach Constitution Hall
- If you board the Red Route Express shuttle, you can disembark at the Nebraska Hall stop (just before Ward Circle) and walk around the circle on foot to reach Constitution Hall.
Metrobus. The M4 Metrobus will pick up in the same spot as the AU Shuttle, and will stop in the same spot in front of Kerwin Hall, so guests with SmarTrip cards may use this bus if they prefer!
March 23, 2018 - Career Fair
On March 23, 2018, the entire day of the plenary and career fair will take place at he University of the District of Columbia's (UDC) new Student Center. The Student Center is one of only two Platinum LEED Certified buildings on a college campus in the United States. The Student Center, which has sustainable design features woven throughout, includes a 14,000 sf green roof and photovoltaic panels, and a rain garden and water treatment system that mitigates the amount and quality of water entering the city’s stormwater system.
Driving. The address for the Student Center is 4200 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC 20008, at the intersection of Connecticut Avenue & Van Ness. Here is a link to the UDC campus map. If driving:
- From Maryland: Take I-495 beltway exit 33 MD-185 S Connecticut Ave towards Chevy Chase, continue around roundabout, take 4th exit, continue on Connecticut Ave, then turn right on Van Ness 4.6 miles
- From Virgina: Take I-295 North towards DC, take 14th Street bridge, turn left on I Street then, turn right on Connecticut Ave, continue on Connecticut Ave, then turn left on Van Ness 3.9 miles
Parking. Guest/Visitors may access the Student Center's Van Ness Campus Garage, paying the daily parking rates.
Metro Subway. Take the Red Line to Van-Ness-UDC station, which is located at the UDC Campus.
Metrobus. The following bus routes go to UDC:
AU partners with two hotels that will offer discounts to you if you book using the following codes. Both hotels are walking distance from Red Line metro stops.
- Embassy Row Hotel - Dupont Circle: book with corporate code AMERICAN for discounted rate
- Courtyard Marriot - Friendship Heights: book with corporate code U5V or book over the phone and ask for the American University rate
There are a variety of other hotels available for your stay in DC. Here is a list of venue accessible hotels. These hotels will work both days for the event.
Attached is a Guide, which includes some information about local services and attractions (p16) as well as other information you may find helpful.
Transportation to DC
- AIRPORTS. AU and UDC are conveniently located near three major airports: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Dulles International Airport, and Baltimore-Washington International Airport. Here is short guide on each airport:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Among the three choices, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is the closest to downtown Washington, DC, AU, UDC, and its most popular tourist attractions.
- Washington Dulles International Airport. Farther from AU and UDC is Dulles International Airport, about an hour drive away. Despite the commute, travelers appreciate Dulles for its state-of-the-art security checkpoints, which makes waiting times shorter and the general experience far more streamlined.
- Baltimore–Washington International Airport. Also located about an hour drive from the Capitol Hill Hotel, Baltimore-Washington is another nearby international flying option. For those who are keen on the competetive prices of Southwest Airlines, this may be the airport. The Baltimore-Washington International Airport is also close to an Amtrak station, creating another easy commute option for travelers who aren’t renting cars, or paying for taxicabs.
- RAIL & BUS SERVICE. Amtrak Rail Service into Washington, D.C. terminates into Washington Union Station. This is also where you can find BoltBus, Greyhound, and Megabus. Inside Union Station, you can board Metrorail to take a short subway ride to the AU and UDC Campus. Rail service also is provided by MARC (Maryland Transit Administration) and VRE (Virginia Railway Express).