"The quality of the applications was outstanding ... What made it the icing on the cake is that the intern was as good in real life as she was on paper.... Thank you for providing these young folks an opportunity that they may otherwise not have had." -- BLM Supervisor
- Talented Diverse STEM Students in One Location
- Get Work Done Through Service!
- Diversity Pipeline Development Tools & Strategies
- Impact Networking and Youth Engagement
- Conference and Career Fair
The conference will include youth perspectives on hiring and experiences in federal agencies, challenging conversations on diversity in hiring, and workshops on innovative engagement initiatives.
The career fair will include a 6-foot-table and one lunch. You also get access to the MobilizeGreen Resume Books, beginning by February 20, 2017. Admission includes one attendee. Click here for the 2017 Diversity Career Fair One Pager.
- Conference Only
Participate in the conference only. The conference will include youth perspectives on hiring and experiences in federal agencies, challenging conversations on diversity in hiring, and workshops on innovative engagement initiatives.
Employer Career Fair Only
Participate in the career fair only. The career fair will include a 6-foot-table and one lunch. You also get access to the MobilizeGreen Resume Books, beginning by February 17, 2017. Admission includes one attendee. Click here for the 2017 Diversity Career Fair One Pager.
Looking for a chance to give back? Employees are concerned about the environment and want to make a difference, but they often don’t know how. During the event, you and your employees will have a chance to team up with on urban conservation service projects in the City of Oakland on March 4, 2017.
1. What are the event details?
Who: Diverse students and recent graduates, green employers, and thought leaders
What: MobilizeGreen Annual Conference and Diversity Career Fair
When: March 2-4, 2017
Where: Oakland, California
2. What types of students will be attending the fair?
There will be an array of pre-selected diverse students and recent graduates, particularly those with environmental STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)-related majors. They will come from colleges and universities from several major geographic regions and top schools. Diversity will include gender, ethnic, and life experiences, including veterans and LGBT.
3. What are the types of degrees/majors/interests of the career fair participants?
- Urban planning and design
- Ecology, ecosystems, and biodiversity
- Environmental education and outreach
- Soil sciences and rangeland management
- Environmental policy and law
- Waste management and recycling
- Food and sustainable agriculture
- Environmental science
- Natural resource management
- Water quality and poverty
- Recreational planning
- Climate Change
- Environmental Justice/Equity
- Policy and Communications
4. Can I bring a display to the fair?
Space is limited, but you may bring a display. Your display should be able to fit on or behind a 6-foot table. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any special needs you might have for the fair.
5. Can I ship my materials prior to the fair?
Please contact MobilizeGreen for more information at (202)-375-7760 or email@example.com
6. What is the tentative schedule for the day of the fair?
- 7:00 - 9:00 A.M. Registration (light breakfast will be available for employers)
- 8:30 - 8:45 A.M. Welcoming Remarks/Logistics for the Day
- 8:45 - 10:00 A.M. Green Career Panels and Q & A (Students).
- 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM Career Fair (employer lunch will be available from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM)